Friday, January 27, 2006

How Many Vities Do You Take?!

Y'all won't believe how many vities, minerals, aminos blah blah blahs that I take. I have added two newbies to my regiment. (Note I am not a doctor and this is my own crazy regiment don't use this as advice-consult a doctor).

The two newbies are 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine. I am taking them for my wobblies and foggyness. 5-HTP (mine is from an african plant) has something to do with helping you produce serotonin...and L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is some sort of precurser to dopamine. Hopefully it will help with my pain and my foggyness and maybe even the dizzyness. I was on what I will call a western medical happy pill for a few short weeks. It worked wonders but I just can't bare to take it. Plus my insurance does not cover it. Plus it had side effects. Let's not talk about it.

Ok other vities that I take almost every day when my foggy brain can remember are: chlorella (green protein mmnn), fish oil (I like a brand called Fisol cause it doesn't make me burp fish-yes I am certain you all wanted to know that), calcium, magnesium, an awesome multi-vitie, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin E, cinnamon, vitamin D, Coenzyme Q-10, B-6, curcumin, ginko, gotu kola, super primrose oil, a mix of flax pumkin and someother oil I can't remember. WOW! Yeah I really take all that almost every day. Oh and I forgot...my favorite Vitie is...drum roll....Vitamin B 12. Without that I am to foggy to paint. I have also added ginsing to my new regiment. In case your curious what the heck I take this regiment for. I have Fibromyalgia and a super-secret super-cool Batman-like neurological disorder.

6 comments:

orangefrute88 said...

wow, amy, i had no idea! and yet you mentor and create such beautiful art that makes so many of us so happy...

in what form do you take the B12? i think i need some of that... i've been dizzy and foggy lately myself, can't go to my beloved yoga classes bc i keep falling down. while it is funny, it still sucks...

orion713 said...

Awe Orange your so nice. Good thing I take my vities eh? I take a chewable B12 that I put under my tongue. They say you can really only intake it if you do it that way or with a shot. (Not fond of needles). I also have a liquid that I put under the tongue sometimes...but I find my pills are great. I take 5000mcg once a day. The Q10 is also good for foggyness...but it really depends on why your foggy and dizzy. Falling down sucks. Especially on stairs. Be careful. :)

katat0nik (JaneKL) said...

Amy, glad you're taking care of yourself (wow!) I am one of those people that will buy vitamins, take them for a while, then one day I'll forget to take them....and I end up stopping forever. Don't know why...

Oh and when I was a teen, my mom tried to make me take fish oil pills. I had a feeling they'd make me burp fish (and I don't like fish) so I never took them! lol

orion713 said...

Yeah I hate taking my vities. I forget sometimes too...but I feel really crummy when I don't. And I perfer them to the western med pain pills and nerve pills and blah blah ick! They make me feel worse rather than better. The average fish oil pill is truly a unique form of torture. ick.

orangefrute88 said...

burping fish!!!! hahaha! but i will need to visit the local gmc and get my b12 chewies, thank you :)

David said...

Many consumers of nutritional supplements, including CoEnzyme Q, do not realize that there is an impending danger to their Right to take nutritional supplements. Codex Alimentarius, or 'Codex' for short, a part of the Central American Free Trade Agreement, CAFTA, could result in an international body, the World Trade Center (WTC), restricting or banning the personal use of nutritional supplements. To prevent this from happening, consider supporting Dr. Ron Paul in his quest for the presidency of the United States. Ron Paul knows that individuals have rights and, as a Congressman, has introduced legislation to protect people's right to take nutritional supplements. Check it out at http://www.ronpaul2008.com/