Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Recipe for those crackers

Ok I am bad about following any kind of recipe...so this is sort of what I did to make the crackers.

I cut 3 tablespoons of butter into 3/4 cup of bobs red mill gluten free all purpose flour. (Cut like you would if your making a pie crust my house is cold so this is a challenge...I used a fork because I don't have a pastry cutter). Then work in 1/2 or a bit more cup of cheddar cheese (measured after grating) into the dough. Don't let the dough get too warm from your hands or you will have mush. Think grandma's pie crust trickyness. Yup. Then add a dash of salt and some dried dill. Blend one egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and add. Start working the dough add more water as needed. You want a firm dry dought not a sticky one.

Then I make my dough into a bit of a flat shape before I roll it out. You don't want to have to use too much flour to keep this from sticking at this point or the crackers will have a lot of flour on the outside when you eat them. It doesn't absorb as much as it would with a wet dough.

Roll out, cut and then back at 350 for about 8 minutes.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks!