Sunday, May 18, 2008

Local & Home grown food

With food and gass prices rising I decided to try to cook as much as I can from veggies from the farmers market in the nearby town and the food I grow in my yard. A couple of weeks ago when the market started there was not a lot to chose from. But it was fun thinking of dishes to make and it even got me to like rutabegas. Not jerusalem artichoke though...I am still not fond of that.

This is what I had to work from:
Rutabega and Jeresalem artichoke
Photobucket

Purple flowering greens of some sort and leeks
Photobucket

Greens and beets
Photobucket

The first night I made pasta from scratch and added a rutabega, leek and carrots that had overwintered in my garden
Photobucket

I also added some mustard greens and herbs from my garden and garlic
Photobucket

Here is the pasta rolled and cut by hand
Photobucket

And the dish:
Photobucket

No comments: