Thursday, January 19, 2006

My Full Bio

As a child I toted crayons, and markers everywhere. Described as a freakishly quiet kid who saw things others did not see-I was always drawing. I realized early on that I wasn't good at anything else and became obsessed with art.
I earned my B.F.A. degree in Design/Illustration from Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle; and an M.F.A. in Illustration from Syracuse University in New York.
I taught fine art and design classes for over six years at the college level. I have worked as a fine artist and freelance designer since 1992. I have sold my art both nationally and internationally. My illustrations have appeared in numerous products and publications all over the world, including Magic: The Gathering and one of my favorite magazines-The Utne Reader.
I live on the water in a rural area of the Pacific Northwest in what my friends describe as "the middle of nowhere" with a blue heeler, a beagle, two cats and a writer-in a land of real mountains, tall trees and those that hug them, serious coffee, rain, and the salty smell of the sea. I attempt to make enough money from my art to exist and create a lot of work that will have a positive effect on this home we call Earth.

No comments: