Friday, January 27, 2006

How Many Vities Do You Take?!

Y'all won't believe how many vities, minerals, aminos blah blah blahs that I take. I have added two newbies to my regiment. (Note I am not a doctor and this is my own crazy regiment don't use this as advice-consult a doctor).

The two newbies are 5-HTP and L-Tyrosine. I am taking them for my wobblies and foggyness. 5-HTP (mine is from an african plant) has something to do with helping you produce serotonin...and L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is some sort of precurser to dopamine. Hopefully it will help with my pain and my foggyness and maybe even the dizzyness. I was on what I will call a western medical happy pill for a few short weeks. It worked wonders but I just can't bare to take it. Plus my insurance does not cover it. Plus it had side effects. Let's not talk about it.

Ok other vities that I take almost every day when my foggy brain can remember are: chlorella (green protein mmnn), fish oil (I like a brand called Fisol cause it doesn't make me burp fish-yes I am certain you all wanted to know that), calcium, magnesium, an awesome multi-vitie, alpha lipoic acid, vitamin E, cinnamon, vitamin D, Coenzyme Q-10, B-6, curcumin, ginko, gotu kola, super primrose oil, a mix of flax pumkin and someother oil I can't remember. WOW! Yeah I really take all that almost every day. Oh and I forgot...my favorite Vitie is...drum roll....Vitamin B 12. Without that I am to foggy to paint. I have also added ginsing to my new regiment. In case your curious what the heck I take this regiment for. I have Fibromyalgia and a super-secret super-cool Batman-like neurological disorder.

3 comments:

orion713 said...

Awe Orange your so nice. Good thing I take my vities eh? I take a chewable B12 that I put under my tongue. They say you can really only intake it if you do it that way or with a shot. (Not fond of needles). I also have a liquid that I put under the tongue sometimes...but I find my pills are great. I take 5000mcg once a day. The Q10 is also good for foggyness...but it really depends on why your foggy and dizzy. Falling down sucks. Especially on stairs. Be careful. :)

katat0nik said...

Amy, glad you're taking care of yourself (wow!) I am one of those people that will buy vitamins, take them for a while, then one day I'll forget to take them....and I end up stopping forever. Don't know why...

Oh and when I was a teen, my mom tried to make me take fish oil pills. I had a feeling they'd make me burp fish (and I don't like fish) so I never took them! lol

orion713 said...

Yeah I hate taking my vities. I forget sometimes too...but I feel really crummy when I don't. And I perfer them to the western med pain pills and nerve pills and blah blah ick! They make me feel worse rather than better. The average fish oil pill is truly a unique form of torture. ick.