Saturday, April 22, 2006

What's for dinner~Stir Fried Rice and Tofu

Stir Fried Rice and Tofu
Stir fried rice:
(I usually stir fry with olive oil but not at a high heat)
one medium onion cut into smallish pieces
2 celery stalks cut into small chunks
A couple of sliced green onions
Some red, yellow or orange pepper cut in small pieces
2 or 3 carrots also cut small
When these are almost done add some red chili paste if you have any
Left over rice-a couple of cups Left over rice works the best
2 cloves of garlic cut up small
When everything is warm and cooked through add some frozen peas
2 eggs I let them cook for a min. or so and then stir in before they are completely cooked

You can experiement with different veggies
Add soy sauce to taste (I use wheat free tamari soy sauce)

I cooked my tofu with green onions split down the center and in two in pieces, thinly sliced shallots, soy sauce, a little olive oil, and mushrooms.

No comments: